birding-aus

Spring has sprung......

To: <>
Subject: Spring has sprung......
From: michael wood <>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 05:37:24 +0930
Hello Akos and Peter
I’ve had similar experiences to Peter with reed-warblers
over the winter of this year. On the 27th July one was recorded at a local
wetland near Adelaide, and then from around the middle of August they began to
be seen and heard much more regularly. The unusual thing about this is that it’s
been said that it has been one of the coldest and wettest years for the region
in several years.
That said, I believe I can recall previous years where the odd bird has been
recorded during winter.