birding-aus

Re: RFI Cairns Esplanade in November

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: RFI Cairns Esplanade in November
From: John McGowan <>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:55:31 +1030
Mark

A great time of year at the Esplanade.  The best time of day is on the rising
tide with the sun behind you i.e. over Cairns and that way you're not looking
into it as you scan the beach. However trust me it's always good. You'll be
pleasently surprised at the number of species that will be working the mud
despite the scores of tourists walking passed on the boardwalk.  The northern
end is the best 'cos at high tide a lot of birds will gather at the diminishing
beach and you are next to the mangroves.

Enjoy!

John Mc

Victor Harbor

SA