birding-aus

Tern ID, Fairy vs Little

To: <>, birding aus <>
Subject: Tern ID, Fairy vs Little
From: robert morris <>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:35:34 +0000
Joe

first impressions (on a v. quick look) are on non-breeding Fairy Terns. I'd
expect Little to show darker tips to the underside of the last few primaries
and be darker on the upperside too. They also look too pale to me for Little
and the bare part colouration is more Fairy coloured. Interested in others
thought.

Rob Morris

Brisbane, Australia