birding-aus

Gary Oliver Request

To: <>
Subject: Gary Oliver Request
From: "Gary Oliver" <>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 14:22:18 +1000
Greetings all,

I'm new to this list so please excuse me if I don't have all the protocols
correct. I have two questions for which I'd appreciate some advice ;

1.       My wife and I are setting out on Sept 1st to see how many
Australian birds we can photograph in a 12 month period as we drive from
Portland to Cape York and eventually across the top etc. Is there a record
for this already? (We either establish one or endeavour to break one
depending on the answer albeit many might think the concept not worth the
time).

2.       I'll establish a blog site before we leave and through this list
let people know when I'll be heading to a particular area so I might enlist
the help of those who might have been there or know the places to try. Is
this sort of request appropriate through this list and if so is there anyone
out there who might offer some help?

My apologies if I'm out of line. This quest is to add another challenge to
our trip.

Regards,

Gary