birding-aus

crow research

To: Chris Cantor <>
Subject: crow research
From: Alan McBride <>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:18:39 +1000
Hi,

Not sure if you (or indeed the list) is aware of
Ravens in Winter

by Bernd Heinrich

This is an absolutely outstanding book as is the follow up. Reading Ravens in
Winter will take ravens to the top five of your favourite birds! Great book.

While I'm not sure it will answer your query (I'm getting on a bit since I read
it and must pick it up again;-) ) it will provide a lot of anecdotal evidence
of their behaviour.

http://www.librarything.com/work/37934

http://www.genomenewsnetwork.org/articles/06_00/Mind_raven_review.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernd_Heinrich a google on him will show many
other books such as Nesting Season: Can birds fall in Love
http://tinyurl.com/2ecg6bl

... and this page will give you his bio and e-mail address!
http://tinyurl.com/27wwvqg

By the way, his grandfather was also involved in ornithology in Indonesia or
Malay Archipelago, I think with AR Wallace but someone else may correct or
elaborate on that.

Best wishes and good luck.

Alan