birding-aus

Spring in the air

To: "BA email" <>
Subject: Spring in the air
From: "simon starr" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:34:51 +1000
Yesterday had just a whiff of spring about it here on the northern plains of
Victoria.
And sure enough this morning my first migrant for the season passing through,
a Fairy Martin ( I definately dont see them here in the winter, unlike the Tree
Martins which hang around).
Not quite as exciting as seeing that first Wheatear of the spring in the UK
after a long cold winter ( some of you out there will understand  ),  but it
still got my birding juices flowing !.

Cheers,
Simon Starr,
Pyramid Hill,