birding-aus

Yank birder's QLD RFI

To: Gary Bletsch <>,
Subject: Yank birder's QLD RFI
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:24:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Gary,

If you follow the IOC (Gill & Wright) and the current Australian list
(Christidis & Boles) then your backyard Eastern Barn Owl Tyto javanica would be
a first for the ABA! However, if you follow Clements then both would be Tyto
alba. There is even rumor that American Barn Owl is separate: Tyto furcata.

Yes, a trip out to Michaelmas Cay/Hastings Reef will provide some tropical
seabirds. I have had Brown and Red-footed Booby, Great Frigate, 7 tern
species... and many interesting fish: a dozen species of Butterflyfish, a
number
of Angelfish, several species of Anemone Fish...

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass

Sydney, NSW