birding-aus

RFI: Hooded Plover at Noosa

To: "Jill Dening" <>, "Glenn McRae" <>
Subject: RFI: Hooded Plover at Noosa
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:45:44 +1000
Hi Guys

Appreciate your info and details, Jill, just wanted to add that
we saw the plover from the car park on the south spit, via scope,
as it trundled around on the north shore at 10.00 last Saturday
morning - 5 hours before the high tide (at approx 2 - 2.30pm). It
moved around a lot on the sandbank and disappeared at times
from view over the 'back' of the bank, but re-appeared several
times during the hour or so that we watched it. So, Glenn if your
time is restricted you may be lucky as we were and still get it
in view at low tide.

Nice bird - I'm still wondering what its doing here!

Cheers

Colin

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:20 +1000, "Jill Dening"