birding-aus

Why so many dead birds on Michaelmas Cay?

To: "'Tony Palliser'" <>, <>
Subject: Why so many dead birds on Michaelmas Cay?
From: "Michelle Plant" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:02:34 +1000
http://www.wildlifehealth.org.au/AWHN/ProgramsProjects/Programs.aspx

Tony - I think after the experience in Western Australia at Esperance a
couple of years back, the Australian Wildlife Health co-ordinators and
registry take these matters quite seriously.

This is the hyperlink to be able to make a report and then the authorities
can determine if there is a problem.  Which there may be - certainly
something for wildlife management officers to be aware of - if they aren't
already.  It seems appauling that a tourism operator would go in to clean up
the carcasses to protect their business.  If there is a disease issue they
could be placing themselves and their clients at risk.

I have cc'd to Tiggy with the Australian Wildlife Health Network as she
might offer some further advice.

Please let me know if I can help in anyway.

Michelle Plant