birding-aus

Qld Eastern Bristlebird

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Qld Eastern Bristlebird
From: Burnice Starkey <>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 01:40:39 +0000

Your support is requested.

At our recent 40th Anniversary celebration of Birds Queensland (BQ), we
unveiled a beautiful oil painting by Peter Slater. (Black chinned Honeyeaters)
valued at approx $3500. He has donated this to our club and we announced the
intention to use the proceeds from this raffle as a fundraiser towards the
Eastern Bristlebird project (critically endangered).

As part of the BQ management committee and am member of the sub-committee
charged with organising the raffle of this original painting, it was decided
that we needed greater exposure to promote this (first) fundraiser. Preventing
the probable extinction of this species is of the greatest urgency. This year's
surveys into the natural habitat of the Eastern Bristlebird in S.E. Qld has
delivered very distressing results with no calls having been recorded since
June, last year. The importance of this project and the requirement that
considerable funds be raised over  time is paramount.  We  are endeavouring to
have our raffle and a digitalized photo of the painting promoted in various
newsletters and magazines.

Please contact with suggestions as to further distribution possibilities.
Furthermore, if you are interested in acting as an official ticket seller
please contact committee member, Marion Grover:
If you are interested in purchasing tickets please contact Marion for details.

Kind regards and Happy Birding,
Burney

Burnice Starkey
Vice-President
Birds Queensland

Looking for a hot date? View photos of singles in your area!