birding-aus

Golden-shouldered Parrot and Iron Range request

Subject: Golden-shouldered Parrot and Iron Range request
From: "James Holmes Jr" <>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 12:17:31 -0700 (PDT)
I am considering a trip to look for the Golden-shouldered Parrot and other
Iron Range specialties.

What is the best time of year for the Parrot (May, June, July, August)?
What are the logistics for contacting Tom and Sue Shephard for help with
the Parrot

Can you see Black-winged Monarch or Red-bellied Pitta at this time of
year?  If so, where?

What is the best location for White-streaked Honeyeater?

Finally, I would plan to get all my supplies (food, water) in Cairns,
however, I am concerned about gas.  Where are the locations on the way to
Iron Range that you must get gas?

Thanks,

Jim Holmes