birding-aus

Jack and Heard Is

To: Moorhead Family <>, <>, <>
Subject: Jack and Heard Is
From: inger vandyke <>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:20:21 +0000
Hi All!
Well done Jack!  That's a great achievement!  It seems the story also appeared
in the Bundaberg news in print.  Here is a link to the article!
http://www.news-mail.com.au/story/2010/04/26/Teenager-sail-remote-Heard-Island/
This news follows on from Jack's already great achievement of 700 birds, which
he attained in January this year.  The feature on that achievement was
published by Birds Australlia on their website.
http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/homepage-news/jack-joins-the-700-club.html
Those who have travelled with Jack will share my joy and appreciation for
Jack's already advanced skills in birding and adventure.  Jack will be
accompanied by his dad, Richard Baxter and myself on the expedition which will
set sail from Mauritius in November.
Having already travelled to Antarctica with Jack, I, for one, am looking
forward to sharing another trip south with him.
Congratulations again Jack.  You are a very fine young birder!
Warmest regards,
Inger

Inger Vandyke

Natural History Writer and Photographer

Assistant Publicity Officer - Southern Oceans Seabird Study Association (SOSSA)

Mob:  0402 286 437

www.ingervandyke.com