birding-aus

RE: Fw: Red-tailed Black Cockatoo- Toonumbar NP

To: "'Greg & Val Clancy'" <>, <>
Subject: RE: Fw: Red-tailed Black Cockatoo- Toonumbar NP
From: "Ian & Carla Jackett" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:02:02 +1000
Hello Greg and Steve,

It seems I have been getting a bit of fan mail lately!

Joking aside, It seems with all the information passed on to me about the
RTBC in the past few days, that I would have to agree my ID cannot be
substantiated from a call on a CD that may not be comprehensive or fully
accurate in description.  I had nothing else to go on at the time and as I
said earlier, it fit the call as best as I could tell. The RTBC is out of my
home range so I might have been better off asking a few more questions
first.  Now that I am aware of the history of these birds, it does seem very
improbable the sighting was of RTBC.

Thank you to all who passed on information and comments.

Regards
Carla