birding-aus

Northern Shoveller and Werribee

To: <>
Subject: Northern Shoveller and Werribee
From: "michael brasher" <>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:50:18 +1000
Went out to Werribbee today but unable to locate N. Shoveller at Lake Borrie.
David McCarthy and others doing waterfowl surveys but last we spoke to them it
had not been sighted. Windy day and periods of overcast made spotting
difficult, so its possible its still there. We scanned a lot of other lagoons
looking for Shovellers but there weren't many others around. Got the impression
that many of the usual high numbers of ducks at WTP may have dispersed to
available waters inland
Mick Brasher and Graeme Horkins