birding-aus

Gould's Birds of Australia vol. 1-7 are online

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Gould's Birds of Australia vol. 1-7 are online
From: Jonny Schoenjahn <>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:25:50 +0800
Hi all

I did not check all messages relating to the subject, please forgive me if I
repeat here what has been pointed out before.

The 7 volumes of Gould's 'Birds of Australia' plus the Supplement have been
scanned in and are available online from the National Library of Australia
(Canberra) website:

http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.aus-f4773

To see the illustration of e.g. the Grey Falcon in vol. 1, I couldn't think of
anything else so quickly, go to

http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.aus-f4773-1-s144-e
and the accompanying text is at
http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.aus-f4773-1-s145

Further, the NLA provides a photocopy/photograph service where you can order
for $35 (if I remember correctly) the electronic version of an expertly taken
photograph of the illustration of your choice, not only from Gould's volumes.

That is simply fantastic. Enjoy it.

Cheers,
Jonny

Jonny Schoenjahn