Travel Insurance for birders with binoculars

To: "Alan Gillanders" <>, "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Travel Insurance for birders with binoculars
From: "Roger Giller" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:44:37 +1100
Have you looked at having your binoculars on your household contents policy. Usually they can be classified as "Specified Portable Valuables" or similar, and this covers them outside the home as well.
I am not sure how you go if you are overseas.
I know with NRMA insurance you can also have coverage for unspecified portable items., in steps of $1000 up to $5000. They pay up to 20% of your coverage amount on an item under this. Last December I had a digital still camera and a video camera stolen from my car. I had the still camera specified, but not the video, but still got back $400 for it, as 20% of my $2000 unspecified items coverage.

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU