birding-aus

Emus

To: <>
Subject: Emus
From: "Ninderry" <>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:21:06 +1000
Regarding the discussion about emus in southeast Queensland, I recorded them
at Beerwah, on the mainland at the southern end of the Sunshine Coast and in
line with the northern end of Bribie Island, in the late-1970s. I wonder if
they still occur anywhere else in the region south of Cooloola, where they
appear to be persisting in small numbers. Interesting also to speculate on
the cause of the bird's demise in places like Bribie and Beerwah, as the
habitat is essentially still okay.

Greg Roberts

Message: 2