birding-aus

Fwd: [OB] World House Sparrow Day (www.worldhousesparrowday.org)

To: brian fleming <>, "" <>
Subject: Fwd: [OB] World House Sparrow Day (www.worldhousesparrowday.org)
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:46:00 +1100
There are still plenty of House Sparrows in Altona, and a few Tree Sparrows if
you know where to look.  I've had eastern suburbs visitors tell me that they
don't see either very often now.

While it's probably a good thing that a feral species is reduced in numbers,
it's a bit disconcerting to have them reduced without any apparent effort on
our part.  Hopefully it's all about habitat, and the different kinds of trees
people plant these days.  Not that many trees over this way, so it mightn't
have much effect if they're different now.

Peter Shute