birding-aus

Emus in south-east QLD

To: Syd Curtis <>
Subject: Emus in south-east QLD
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:41:01 +1000
Hi Syd,

I've received a few private responses.  It seems that the Bribie birds hung
on for a while, but no recent sightings.  Who knows, they may still be
there?  There are more recent records from Cooloola, Durakai, Inglewood and
Jandowae, all in easy striking distance from Brisbane, so it seems they're
not as difficult in SEQ as I thought!

Regards,
Chris