birding-aus

New BOCA Website

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: New BOCA Website
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:45:32 +1100
BOCA has just launched the first phase of a re-development of our website at
www.boca.org.au.

The main focus on this phase of the re-development has been to change the
look and feel of the website and to make it easier to maintain. Two
significant features are a Trip Reports section where our members will be
able to contribute trip reports and Birdline Feeds, which gives access to
the latest reports from Birding-Aus, various Birdlines and other interesting
blogs. Search facilities have been improved to search all of the content,
including branch newsletters, although these are only accessible to our
members who may log on to the new site in the same way as they did on the
old one.

Some functions - such as the Blue Wren Gift Shop, Activities Calendar,
Birding Maps and Library Catalogue - will continue to be provided by our old
site www.birdobservers.org.au.

Over the next few months we will complete the transition of all the
remaining facilities from our old site to the new one, and will then be in a
position to add a number of planned new facilities.

Dave Torr
Webmaster and Marketing Manager
Bird Observation & Conservation Australia

PS - note that as part of the transition the boca.org.au email addresses are
temporarily not functioning and you should use the
birdobservers.org.auversion instead.