birding-aus

Cairns trip

To: michael brasher <>,
Subject: Cairns trip
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:08:01 -0800 (PST)
Hi Mick,

It's great to hear that the Blue-faced Parrot-finches are back although "their
clearing" had been devastated by pigs - it looked terrible when we were there a
month ago. Michaelmas Cay: I was surprised by "White-capped Noddies [...]
dominated the cay". Normally we see there huge numbers of Brown Noddies and
only small numbers of Black Noddies. All Frigatebirds I had seen and
photographed at Michaelmas Cay in December (2008 and 2009) were Great
Frigatebirds.

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass