birding-aus

Leaden, Satin or Broadbilled Flycatcher

To: Susannah Hawkin <>
Subject: Leaden, Satin or Broadbilled Flycatcher
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:24:21 +1000
Hi Susy,

Would have to agree with the other birder who suggested that your bird is a
Leaden Flycatcher, it's probably a female, however they can look very
similar.
What gives you the impression that it might be Broad-billed?

I've posted a recent image from my garden on
http://www.aviceda.org/abid/newimages.php?action=latestimages&p=1&pagesize=1
Also have a look at:
http://www.aviceda.org/abid/birdimages.php?action=birdspecies&fid=69&bid=1313
http://www.aviceda.org/abid/birdimages.php?action=birdspecies&fid=69&bid=1318