birding-aus

Non-motorized UK birdwatching year list record

Subject: Non-motorized UK birdwatching year list record
From: Chris Gregory <>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:10:39 +1100
Hi All

My wife had to make a flying visit to England over Christmas to visit her
parents who live in Bromsgrove - a small town in the Midlands. Jane reports
that headline news in the local paper this week was not the brutal weather
but a chap called Gary who is "setting off by bicycle and hopes to see more
than 250 types of bird during the year, in order to break the current
non-motorized UK birdwatching year list record"

I'm not sure how Gary is going as Bromsgrove is currently under a foot of
snow so probably hasn't left the front gate yet but you have to love the
poms. I can smell a book out of this though "The Bromsgrove Biking Birder"

To find out more and to follow Grary's adventures see

http://www.burdr.com/2010/01/biking-birder/

Cheers

Chris Gregory