birding-aus

Access to Leanyaer Sewage Works

To: ? birding-aus <>
Subject: Access to Leanyaer Sewage Works
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 21:35:31 +1100
Hi all,

I am off to Darwin next week and I think have most of my trip planned out (most
time in Darwin but a couple of days in Jabiru/Kakadu) - of course depending on
weather and how much time I can get away.

The one thing I am struggling with is access to Leanyer Sewage Ponds (chiefly
to see Little Ringed Plover, but hopefully the Litle Grebe is also still
present). Peter Kyne offered assistance but I think he is overseas at the
moment. I will have my own transport to get there, I just need to work out how
to get access (the thing I heard is that they are now restricting keys to a few
regulars and even they may not be able to organise access).

Can anyone assist with access to this site - either by allowing me to accompany
me with them or by providing contact details for someone that may be able to
help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully the Black-headed Gull hangs around long enough for me to add it to my
Australian list.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Peter