birding-aus

Cooloola nat park burnt out?

Subject: Cooloola nat park burnt out?
From: Peter Waanders <>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:25:37 +1030
Hi all - there's one small population of MEW's left in Ngarkat but
it's not looking good for them. One more fire and they're gone.
I spent six hours looking for them at the usual site at Hattah just
over a month ago, without much luck, but more recently I had prolonged
views of a pair there.

Cheers,

Peter Waanders
Southern Birding Services