birding-aus

Re: Derby Sewerage ponds pied honeyeater

To: "Frank O'Connor" <>, birding aus <>
Subject: Re: Derby Sewerage ponds pied honeyeater
From: Gary Wright <>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:51:24 +1030
Hi Frank

The ID of red chested button quail was based on flushing with chatter.  I
was standing between the overflow and the reeds and approx 7 birds landed
approx 10 yards from me.  I initially thought they were waders, but when
they flushed I saw they were pale button quail.  They didn't all go at once
but each time they flushed there was chatter.

No photo of hooded robin unfortunately, but clearly hooded robin.  With pied
honeyeater, I saw the blue around the eye and of course curved bill and
white in tail