birding-aus

sunshine coast

To: <>
Subject: sunshine coast
From: "ninderry" <>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 16:53:46 +1000
Some recent sightings from the Sunshine Coast.
Yesterday I again had excellent views of both Spotless and Baillon's Crake
at Cooroy, where I found them at the beginning of November. There were good
numbers of Latham's Snipe there also.
On November 23 I had Wandering Tattler and Sooty Oystercatcher at Caloundra.
On November 15 I saw three Red-tailed Black Cockatoos on the outskirts of
Gympie. This species is rare in southeast Queensland and does not normally
appear in any numbers until well north of here.
On November 16-17, at Fernhill Park, 50km north-west of Gympie, Fairy
Gerygones were widespread in patches of vine scrub, and White-throated
Nightjars were about the camp.
On the subject of Fairy Gerygones, they are nesting in the dune scrub at
Twin Waters.
Greg Roberts