birding-aus

The world record for the number of bird species seen in one day at one

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: The world record for the number of bird species seen in one day at one spot
From: Gunnar Engblom <>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:05:42 -0500
I have been in the field, so I missed this thread.

Since both my blog is quoted and my name is mentioned, I hope I get away
with mentioning that we are planning to do some attempt to break the world
record next year as we shall intensify our trips to Amigos research station
between Tambopata and Manu. It is a research station in need of additional
funding from birders staying there so this plug should be seen in light of
this.

This place is simply spectacular with very broad trails, extremely high
biodiversity due to a unbeatable mix of micro habitats within the
rainforest.
Additional things to consider our two Peruvian guides Antonio Coral and Alex
Duran have spent a lot of time at the station and know it as the back of
their hands and there is a log where all the special birds are noted on
which trail and distance from the lodge they occur. Thus it should be very
easy to plan an attempt to the detail.

Other birders can join the WR attempt preparations in a 12 day recce tour on
which a BIG day race prior to the BIGDAY should give each participant a
personal record of +300.

I'll stop there. If interested in more details you can contact me off list
at

Saludos

Good birding

Gunnar Engblom

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 11:06 PM, Wedderburn Birding <

--
Gunnar Engblom-Lima, Peru.
Gunnar's Blog - updated frequently.