birding-aus

Re: Handbook of Birds of the World Vol 14

To: "'David Richardson'" <>, "'Fiona Anderson'" <>
Subject: Re: Handbook of Birds of the World Vol 14
From: "Julian Bielewicz" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:07:22 +1000
Greetings David et all

I too am a subscriber [and receive mine directly from Spain] and like you
received an email explaining that the delay was due to [quote] "Packaging
problems, staff illness and now a large number of defective volumes, which
have had to be reprinted, have slowed us down considerably".  Perhaps akin
to your "circumstances beyond their control".  Outstanding copies are to be
hopefully despatched by the end of November although the added note " though
after this there is the shipping time to Australia which can be several
weeks" leaves me wondering...

And of course I wonder why at least subscribers couldn't have been sent a
curtesy email explaining the delays BEFOREHAND [that is as soon as Lynx
realised that deliveries would be delayed].

Nevertheless, it remains a great series.

Cheers

Julian