birding-aus

Lord Howe Island and central western Queensland

To: David <>,
Subject: Lord Howe Island and central western Queensland
From: Chris <>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 23:08:35 -0700 (PDT)
Mate, those two pages are the sort of calibre you would hope Tourism NSW should
aim for in promoting the islands. Thank you so much for getting such fantastic
high quality images of the reptile and invertebrate fauna. Photos of that
quality on the net of these species are, I expect, rarer than hen's teeth.
You've brought them to the world to enjoy, and hopefully more international and
local tourists will give consideration to Lord Howe as a holiday destination.

Finally, an extra thank-you for photographing the freshwater fauna - although
the shrimp are a known species, just the fact you found them, looked for the
crabs also, and found none, is useful data for the current research on
Australia's freshwater crustaceans.

Cheers,

Chris.