birding-aus

link to a photo report -- Princess Parrots and other rarities

Subject: link to a photo report -- Princess Parrots and other rarities
From: Chris <>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 08:07:49 -0700 (PDT)
Having clicked-through the parrots on the BIBY site, the following 3 are
candidates too:

Musk lorikeet (http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/finder/display.cfm?id=361) - the
red forehead and ear coverts are much more saturated than I saw, but the bottom
photo does show blue and pink colouration. Maybe I'm seeing juveniles with less
intense colour?

Red-rumped parrot (http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/finder/display.cfm?id=104) -
on closer inspection, the 2nd photo shows a similarly subdued colouration. The
red rumped parrots I've seen at Homebush are much more saturated.

Swift parrot (http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/finder/display.cfm?id=363) -
probably the least likely out of these 3.

Oh well - time will tell.

Chris.