birding-aus

RFI: Mt Barney

To: Judith Hoyle <>
Subject: RFI: Mt Barney
From: Penny Brockman <>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 21:25:44 +1000
Dear all

Please note that over the long weekend the track from the camping area to the top of Gloucester Tops was closed due to fire danger. It has since rained but if anyone is thinking of going up there, contact the National Parks beforehand. I went up last Thursday with a S.African friend and found it closed.
Good evening Birding Ausers

We had planned a long weekend to go to Barrington Tops to look for the Rufous
Scrub-birds a couple of weeks ago, but work got in the way.  We tried for the
bird along the Border Track out past Mt Bithongabel without success. We were
thinking of going to look for the bird in Mt Barney NP in the next couple of
weeks.

Does anyone know the walking tracks in Mt Barney NP that go through the
Nothofagus Forests? Have there been any sightings of the RSB in the park within
the last couple of years?

Kind regards

Judith

Judith Hoyle and Gavin O'Meara
Get Hotmail on your iPhone Find out how here
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=845706==============================www.birding-aus.org