birding-aus

Slater FG

To: "'Phil & Sue Gregory'" <>, "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: Slater FG
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 09:22:12 +1000
Hi Phil,

My new edition of Slater arrived in the post yesterday. I haven't had an
opportunity to look through it in detail yet, but most of the bird species
featured on the cover have changed: Scarlet Honeyeater (in previous
edition), Gouldian Finch, Orange Chat, Red-capped Parrot (in previous
edition), Paradise Parrot(!), Regent Parrot, Sacred Kingfisher &
Australasian Shoveler.

I wonder how many sightings of the Paradise Parrot will result from having
this species on the front cover?

It's good to see that the field guide comes with a waterproof plastic
jacket.

Stephen Ambrose
Ryde, NSW