birding-aus

Brissie CBD Hobby

To: "" <>
Subject: Brissie CBD Hobby
From: Roger McNeill <>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:49:32 -0500
On the way into work this morning, I glimpsed what I thought was a Hobby
sitting on top of the Brisbane Convention Centre as my train pulled into South
Brisbane Station.  All I could see was a 'capped' falcon being given a fair go
by a group of welcome swallows.  I figured I must have been mistaken and that
it was actually a Peregrine as surely hobbies are much more discerning falcons?
 However I had a wander to back of the building and it was (is...it's still
there) an AU Hobby.  Perhaps it is in town for the health and healing
convention?

On a side note, the strong winds of the last few days died down last night and
the nocturnal creatures were really getting into it around the house.  Seems a
few days of pent up Spring time frustration was being unleashed: Koalas were
grunting, Gliders screeching and multiple White-throated Nightjars and Owlet
Nightjars and a Boobook were all very vocal.

Cheers,
Roger

Roger McNeill
Samford Valley - SEQ