birding-aus

White-winged Trillers at Yarra Flats, Heidelberg

Subject: White-winged Trillers at Yarra Flats, Heidelberg
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:28:08 +1000
This morning a pair of White-winged Trillers were at the Annulus Paddock (burnt out last February). Male very showy making display flight over the dry billabong. Other migrants - Black-faced Cuckoo-shrikes have been around for a fortnight or so and Dusky Wood-swallows are new arrivals. The Cattle Egrets at the horse-paddocks are down to eight - 10 days ago there were 16 or 17 - and two were developing buff heads. They may not be there much longer.

N.B. I don't go to this park on my own because of unsavoury types hanging round at times. I wouldn't leave any valuables in the car either.

Anthea Fleming