birding-aus

Redthroat 10 km west of Morgan SA.

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Redthroat 10 km west of Morgan SA.
From: Ian May <>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:24:24 +0930
At about 10.00 am on Saturday 5th September 2009, on the south side of the dirt road known as Promintz Rd approx. 10 km east of Morgan SA, in windy overcast conditions while observing a Splendid and also a Variegated Wren perched in the same bush, a Redthroat scampered across the ground near them and was heard calling for about a minute shortly afterwards nearby.. Carefully searching the area for several minutes, I was unable to locate the bird then suddenly it appeared in full view near the base of a small bush about 20 metres from me in reasonable light where I was able to take a quick poorly focused shot with my camera.. After about 30 seconds two more redthroats appeared in the same bush but this time they were too quick for me and soon disappeared. After several minutes searching I was unable to hear or see them again.

Regards

Ian May
currently at Price SA