birding-aus

Fw: Trip to Abrolhos Islands for Lesser Noddy 6, 7 and 8 November 2009

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Fw: Trip to Abrolhos Islands for Lesser Noddy 6, 7 and 8 November 2009
From: "Peter Marsh" <>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 18:07:41 +1000

Dear Birders,
Further to my recent posting asking for thew best way to get to the Abrolhos I
did not find anything better than the 3 day boat trip that I was already aware
of.

So! How about all those people desperate to get the lesser Nofddy on their
Aussie list (and see lots of other nice birds and non-avian wildlife) get
together to make up a party of ten for a long weekend in November. The good
ship "Rat Patrol" from Abrolhos Island Charters is available on Friday 6th,
Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th November. The cost is $900 per person (assuming 10
takers) and includes all food for the 3 days up to and including afternoon tea
on Sunday. I am told that the boat is very comfortable and the food good but
cannot guarantee either as I have not been on the boat. The boat will leave
Geraldton at 6:00 am on the Friday and during the trip we will visit Pelsaert,
Wooded and Morley Islands which are the three nesting sites of the Lesser
Noddy. As they should be nesting at this time there has to be a very good
chance of seeing the birds, nests, possibly some chicks, in other words the
whole works! We can sleep on the boat on Thursday night so I suggest anyone
coming tries to get to Geraldton on Thursday evening (there are a couple of
Skywest flights leaving Perth on Thursday afternoon going to Geraldton. There
is a Sunday evening flight back from Geraldton to Perth as well). More
information about the boat can be obtained at
http://www.abrolhosislandcharters.com.au/

 I already have 4 takers (including myself) so we need another 6 to make the
trip feasable. If you are interested please send me an e-mail. As and when we
get 10 participants I will get  all participants to send a deposit of $180
direct to Abrolhos Island Charters.

For the record this is not a commercial announcement as I will be paying the
same as everyone else and am organising the trip solely to get up close and
personal with the Lesser Noddy!
Regards
Peter Marsh