birding-aus

Pied-Imperial pigeon sighted at Bulahdelah

To: <>
Subject: Pied-Imperial pigeon sighted at Bulahdelah
From: "Meredyth" <>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 14:26:30 +1000
Hi Birding Aus.  My name is Meredyth and I'm the mum of a 14 year old
budding ornithologist, Angus.  This morning he came in and searched his
bird books to identify the unusual, predominately white pigeon in our
yard.  After some research, he and his brother were convinced they were
looking at a Pied-Imperial.  He grabbed his camera when he realized what
their normal range is, but the bird had flown.

We're on a property 6km outside Bulahdelah on the lower mid-north coast
of NSW.  100km north of Newcastle.

We found your site, read the comment from Dion Hobcroft re this bird,
and thought you all might be interested.

Cheers.

Meredyth