birding-aus

Blue-billed Duck - female and....

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Blue-billed Duck - female and....
From: Bill Jolly <>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 00:04:31 +1000

We don't get many Blue-billed Ducks up this way, but there have been two males
and two females at Lake Galletly on the UQ Gatton campus for a while now.

When I was there on Thursday, I saw one good male and a female, but I'm a bit
unsure about another bird I saw.

I've put some photos at http://www.abberton.org/holding.htm and would value
hearing from those who are more familiar with Blue-billed Ducks than I am,
particularly about the bird in photos numbered 3 to 7.

To see a Blue-billed Duck in the Lockyer Valley is an infrequent event, I'm not
aware of any local breeding records in the last 30 years.

All observations will be gratefully received.

Bill Jolly

'Abberton',

Lockyer Valley, Queensland.

(27º 34' 21' S; 152º 08' 21' E)