birding-aus

FW: xeno-canto newsletter [Bird calls www.xeno-canto.org/asia]

To: <>
Subject: FW: xeno-canto newsletter [Bird calls www.xeno-canto.org/asia]
From: "Colin Trainor" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 22:33:56 +0930
[Forwarded message]

Dear xeno-canto member,

it has been a long while since our last email to all of you.

[Asian recordings here:
http://www.xeno-canto.org/asia/meetmembers.php ]

Not because nothing has happened, on the contrary!

Since our last email xeno-canto has gone global, opening branches for
Africa, Asia, Europe, and (last week) Australasia, which means the whole
world is covered!  We are well over 30000 recordings now, almost 5500
species and 320 recordists.

The xeno-canto team now also includes Sander Pieterse and Herman van
Oosten. Herman keeps an eye on the Europe site, Sander looks after the
Asia site and keeps us in touch with our main sponsor Naturalis, the
National Museum of Natural History .

Quite a few other changes have occurred as well.

In fact we were thinking of making a special page devoted to all of the
developments and about high priority plans for the future, but we could
not keep up.
So instead you receive this message.

If you haven't visited for a while, please do so and look around.
Do follow all the links and try to figure out what is going on, whether
you like it or not and whether something needs improvement.

Suggestions are always welcome, on the forum, or by email.

Read the forum posts, have a go at a few mysteries.

Do spread the word on xeno-canto, especially if you have connections in
Africa. If you're on facebook, join the "Fans of xeno-canto" group
there, mention x-c in your blog, link to species pages, talk about x-c
at your local bird club etc.etc. but most importantly, do what you've
told yourself a 100 times: upload those recordings! (Or tell us what
kept you from doing so all those times, and let us try to help you.)

All the best and see you at xeno-canto,

Willem-Pier & Bob