birding-aus

A nice day out

To: "Birds" <>
Subject: A nice day out
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:53:02 +0930
Had a nice day with Ian and Pat May yesterday. I went to their house in
Price ( Yorke Peninsula) and transferred to their 4x4.

Ian drove for some 15-20 minutes on dirt roads to a mystery beach where
we found a good variety of smaller waders including 8 Hooded Plovers,
about 14 Sanderlings, half a dozen Double-banded Plovers, at least 14
Ruddy Turnstones, lots of Red-necked Stints and Red-capped Plovers,
about 6 Mongolian Plovers, one White-faced Heron, one Grey Reef Egret,
and the usual mob of Silver Gulls. We also had excellent views in the
dunes behind the beach of a Rock Parrot, several Pipits, one Crested
Bellbird, Singing Honeyeaters etc.

Thanks Ian and Pat for a nice day and bon voyage back to Tassie next
week.

Tony.