birding-aus

Nest Swiftlet Sp Broome

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Nest Swiftlet Sp Broome
From: "Adrian Boyle" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 07:46:11 +0800
Hi all

Just reporting yet another sighting of a Nest Swiftlet Sp in Broome.

It was observed briefly over the poo ponds just before dusk. April 1st ( NO ITS NOT A JOKE!!!)

There have now been 6 sightings in 2 months at this site with 1 sighting including 2 birds. This is the first year these birds have been observed out of cyclonic conditions as over the years we have had many sighting of these birds but usually as cloud is passing over indonesia and across the Broome area.

I feel that this bird must be the same individual that is being sighted as same place same time it to big for coincidence.I think that that when I find it a the poo ponds it is on its way to roost somewhere as it generally fly's fast with little feeding occuring plus the time of day would indicate this.
Now I just need to find the roost.

Thought id pass this info on.

Cheers Adrian Boyle