birding-aus

Needletails in Tasmania.

To: <>
Subject: Needletails in Tasmania.
From: George Appleby <>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:45:57 +1100
Hi Mike and others

I have one record of White-throated Needletail from Tasmania this season:  6
birds flying in front of a rainy NE change on the coast between Cape Sir John
and Cape Barren township (i.e. west side of Cape Barren Island) on 18/2/2009.
While travelling another three weeks in the Furneaux Group and other islands
through to Wilson's Promontory (by kayak), I didn't see any more Needletails or
any swifts.  With the weather covering a variety of conditions, further
needletails sightings might have been expected.

cheers

George