birding-aus

Rainbow showers

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Rainbow showers
From: "Wendy" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:37:32 +1100
IT IS RAINING!!!!
A very rare event in this parched part of Oz
Lovely gentle STEADY rain.

Having gone to bed about 5am I was unaware of this until woken by the din in my
front yard. The local Rainbow Lorikeets are have raucous joyful fun in the
foliage at the tops of my gumtrees. As I look, more and more birds are arriving
to join in!

If I could do so without scaring them, I would be tempted to go out and
celebrate too!!

Wendy
Coburg, Melbourne