birding-aus

Unusual cuckoo juvenile

To: "'Philip Veerman'" <>, "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Unusual cuckoo juvenile
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 00:22:17 +1100
Hello Philip,

I suspect Tony new that the bird didn't look like a juvenile Pallid but also
knew it was outside/on the edge of the typical range for the other two so he
was getting confirmation of what it might be which isn't too surprising. I
wouldn't think juvenile Brush and Fantail are that difficult to separate and
I feel Tony has made the right choice with Brush as a likely ID. I would
like to see more postings like this on the forum.

Cheers Jeff.