birding-aus

Swinhoes Snipe and Laughing Gull still present in FNQ

To: Phil Gregory <>, Alan <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Swinhoes Snipe and Laughing Gull still present in FNQ
From: Carl Billingham <>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 01:33:57 -0800 (PST)
A quick jaunt up to Cairns today yielded both the Laughing Gull and the
Swinhoes Snipe before breakfast!

The Laughing Gull came in to land at the Helicopter Pad at about 6am.  When I
went back in the afternoon (at low tide) it was nowhere to be seen.

The Swinhoes Snipe was flushed at about 7am after a character building drive in
torrential rain up the range.  I think there might have been two Snipe but I
only could get a bead on one of them to identify it whilst in flight.
Unfortunately there was a lot of activity at the boat ramp and so it was being
flushed on a regular basis and quite skittish.  I had good enough views to
satisfy myself that it was a Swinhoes however.

I would like to thank Alan Gillanders and Phil Gregory for additional
information on where to find the Snipe.

Cheers,

Carl.

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take
a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox