birding-aus

Bush Stone Curlews at UQ

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Bush Stone Curlews at UQ
From: Scot Mcphee <>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:59:36 +1000
Saw two adult bush stone curlews with two young'uns (about half-size) in the University of Qld at St Lucia in Brisbane this afternoon. They were in the closed-off car park at the rear of the Bio-Science's library, down past "Darwin's Cafe". This is one of the car parks where some trees have been removed and where there will evidently be some development in the next few months. (Hopefully after the babies fledge!).

Very cute babies, one sitting and one standing. Mum and Dad (I assume) very nervous about our presence and making noises about it so we backed off quickly.

--

http://crazymcphee.net/