birding-aus

Mad Dogs & Englishmen

To: <>
Subject: Mad Dogs & Englishmen
From: "Julian Bielewicz" <>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:16:06 +1000
Greetings Richard

Please excuse me if I appear thicker than the offspring of the village idiot
and a weather news hostess but what have "Mad Englishmen" got to do with
Scandinavian birders?  Or is this just another example of Australians being
unable to finally cut all their old ties with the Motherland? J

You are aware that the phrase was popularised, if not actually originally
coined, by that most quintessential of Englishmen, Noel Coward -and if you
read a little about his private life you will no doubt also come to the
conclusion that he was indeed the inveterate madman!

Cheers

Julian