birding-aus

Re: Effect of extreme heat on birds

To: "Wendy" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: Effect of extreme heat on birds
From: "storm" <>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:59:54 +1100
Actually increasing the humidity somewhat can assist as it appears to reduce
the rate of dehydration but you need not to overdo it and to ensure there is
a breeze.

It's often useful to provide rehydration fluids to drink in addition to
water. You don't have to go over board, just a salt/glucose mix can be
effective and popular.

cheers
storm