birding-aus

Werribee Walshes Lagoon

To: <>, <>
Subject: Werribee Walshes Lagoon
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:45:11 +1100
Hi Bob,

Just after you cross the ford from west to east (ie. Coming from Lake
Borrie) you reach a cross-roads. Turning left takes you out of the plant,
going straight ahead takes you to the Conservation Ponds and the Borrow Pits
with Walsh's Lagoon immediately on your right. More traditionally, turn
right at the cross-roads to follow Little River on the eastern bank. Walsh's
lagoon is immediately on your left as you go through the cross-roads.
Walsh's Lagoon is recognisable because it tends to have reeds on the bank -
once you get past the lagoon you see more conventional ponds (typically with
stilts and sandpipers).

If you need a map, let me know and I can forward one to you - I can't do
that through birding-aus.

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Victoria